Yes, bars that comply with the below measures will be permitted to open. Additionally, all guests must use hand sanitizer and their temperature will be checked before entering or approaching a bar area. Any person registering a temperature at or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) will not be permitted in.
Measures include, but are not limited to:
- Bars must implement proper signage throughout all areas of the establishment.
- All chairs and tables will be placed 6.5 feet (2 meters) apart from each other, offering service only to guests sitting at tables in the bar and terrace area. If the furniture is immobile, guests and groups of guests will be seated 6.5 feet (2 meters) away from other groups.
- All condiments and self-service or shared items, such as napkins, toothpicks, straws, matches and ashtrays, must be removed. These items are to be provided upon request and containers are to be disinfected between uses, unless they are disposable.
- Groups of more than 10 people are not permitted.
- Guests will not be allowed to crowd the bar or high traffic areas, and must remain at their tables.
- Only seated persons will be served.
Additional measures and regulations to be executed by the various hotels and properties include but are not limited to the items below. For additional details, please contact your hotel, tour operator or travel agent.
- Disinfection of the Establishment: All establishments must comply with the rules of disinfection, on all surfaces of the establishment -bars, drinkware, utensil, tables, chairs, stools and all furniture- before opening their doors to the public and after the conclusion of the workday.
- Have signs in the service area to inform clients that tables are cleaned and disinfected before they sit down.
- Develop a schedule for improved routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Bars must be cleaned and sterilized every hour.
- Every 17 days, all establishments must dedicate a day to deep cleaning and sanitizing the interior and exterior.
- All dishes, glasses, forks, and other utensils should be sterilized and washed in hot water that is no less than 70° C.
- Staff must wear a face mask at all times and especially during the cleaning and sterilization of chairs and tables. Replacing all cutlery and glasses on the table, even if they have not been used.
- Disinfect all soda taps, bar equipment and nozzles daily.
- All glassware, glasses, cups, mixers, meters, plates, cutlery, must be properly disinfected before and after each use.
- Chairs and bars must be wiped down with a clean towel and alcohol-based cleaner (70% alcohol or more) at regular intervals and when the client requests it.
- Protocol for Personnel:
- All work personnel will be temperature checked at the beginning of each shift.
- All work personnel (Bartender, Waiters, Hosts, Managers) must have face masks and gloves, along with integrating into their work routine disinfecting elbows, forearms, and hands, and keep a distance of a meter, approximately three feet, from their co-workers, as well as from customers.