Yes. A certification program has been established through the creation of a Quality Council headed by the National Association of Hotels and Tourism (ASONAHORES) that will guarantee that establishments comply with the regulations, which will provide visitors with a sense of security and trust.
The measures and regulations include, but are not limited to:
- Taking the temperature of each guest at check-in and having them sign a declaration of health
- Providing guests with masks and disinfectant gel
- Redistribution of hotel spaces to maintain distance in all common areas (reception, restaurants, swimming pools, etc.)
- Baggage disinfection
- Elimination of self-serve food and beverage, so that utensils are handled only by establishment personnel
- Special protocols for the care and isolation of guests with symptoms
- Place signs in common areas with instructions for guests who are not feeling well and are experiencing fever or COVID-19 symptoms. These signs should indicate the location of the Medical Unit for Permanent Care (UMAP), Isolation Room and information about how to contact the hotel’s medical professionals. This should be referenced and explained to the guest during check in.
Each hotel will also have their own additional protocols from digital check-in, online payment, and digital key cards to keep within social distancing guidelines.
For additional details, please contact your hotel, tour operator or travel agent.